It's my 3rd Sunday here in Seoul. Starting to get used to the culture of this country and our 4-room apartment that feels like home :) It makes thing easier when 4 girls live together. We do our laundry every other 3 days, clean the house, do some homecooked lunch or dinner whenever we are free (or rather we need to save!) haha.
We also find some cheap deals like $1.20 for a big bunch of xiao bai cai, $1.50 for big basket for cherry tomatoes for us to chew on, $4 for a tray of 30 eggs, etc And since fruits are generally expensive here, I got alternative like Yoplait yoghurt... and biscuits as snack to chew in class
I attend lessons daily from Monday to Thursday from 1.20 to 5pm at the below hall :) The school is really huge and walking from one end to another takes probably 20-30 minutes? And it's up/down slope so it can get really tedious at times. Thankful we don't need laptop for class! I'm taking Introduction to globalization and North Korea, Inter Korea unification. The former is much easier to catch.. while I have alot to read on the latter :( haha. Summer class pace is a little faster, I've got four 25% quiz, 2 reflections paper, 1 presentation and 1 final paper to do.
Everywhere in Korea looks pretty similar. They have alot of street food, cafes and shops. Alot of Dunkin' donut around but I want to try Krispy Kreme!!! :) We picked up few conversational phrases to speak with the locals like, "how much", "too expensive" and stuffs. But most of the time when I see them, I forget those immediately and had to use sign language. hahah
We go everywhere by the subway - Jihachul. It's more convenient and seriously, we have never taken their bus before. It's pretty easy to travel as long as you know which stop you want to alight at and most importantly, listen properly!!!! Missing a station here is very troublesome.
We usually have the same kind of food - soup and rice or fried rice. Really love how Korean are so generous with their side dishes. I love most of it except pickles. My favourite are still veggies, radishes, kimchi, there's so much to name because every store serves different side dishes and I always look forward to having it. This is one thing I gonna miss when I leave :(
And yay all that aside, I have the most smooth sailing modules bidding for my next and last semester in SMU :) Managed to squeeze 4 classes in 2 days, Monday and Tuesday(!!! :D) hahah so I have really long weekends wheeee. But all good things comes with a price, my 3 papers falls on the LAST 3 days of the exam week zzzz but since it's my last semester, I shall not complain :)
Well, that's about it. It's 1.10pm here and all my housemates are still sleeping like pigsssssssssssssss!!!! The guys upstairs just sent us some Bak Kut Teh!!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMYS :)
We also find some cheap deals like $1.20 for a big bunch of xiao bai cai, $1.50 for big basket for cherry tomatoes for us to chew on, $4 for a tray of 30 eggs, etc And since fruits are generally expensive here, I got alternative like Yoplait yoghurt... and biscuits as snack to chew in class
I attend lessons daily from Monday to Thursday from 1.20 to 5pm at the below hall :) The school is really huge and walking from one end to another takes probably 20-30 minutes? And it's up/down slope so it can get really tedious at times. Thankful we don't need laptop for class! I'm taking Introduction to globalization and North Korea, Inter Korea unification. The former is much easier to catch.. while I have alot to read on the latter :( haha. Summer class pace is a little faster, I've got four 25% quiz, 2 reflections paper, 1 presentation and 1 final paper to do.
Everywhere in Korea looks pretty similar. They have alot of street food, cafes and shops. Alot of Dunkin' donut around but I want to try Krispy Kreme!!! :) We picked up few conversational phrases to speak with the locals like, "how much", "too expensive" and stuffs. But most of the time when I see them, I forget those immediately and had to use sign language. hahah
We go everywhere by the subway - Jihachul. It's more convenient and seriously, we have never taken their bus before. It's pretty easy to travel as long as you know which stop you want to alight at and most importantly, listen properly!!!! Missing a station here is very troublesome.
We usually have the same kind of food - soup and rice or fried rice. Really love how Korean are so generous with their side dishes. I love most of it except pickles. My favourite are still veggies, radishes, kimchi, there's so much to name because every store serves different side dishes and I always look forward to having it. This is one thing I gonna miss when I leave :(
And yay all that aside, I have the most smooth sailing modules bidding for my next and last semester in SMU :) Managed to squeeze 4 classes in 2 days, Monday and Tuesday(!!! :D) hahah so I have really long weekends wheeee. But all good things comes with a price, my 3 papers falls on the LAST 3 days of the exam week zzzz but since it's my last semester, I shall not complain :)
Well, that's about it. It's 1.10pm here and all my housemates are still sleeping like pigsssssssssssssss!!!! The guys upstairs just sent us some Bak Kut Teh!!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMYS :)
No comments:
Post a Comment