21.12.11

Wisdom Teeth Surgery

I've been dragging my wisdom teeth surgery for as long as possible and after more than a year, I finally got it done - one side though. Right now, I'm biting on a gauze and swallowing blood and saliva from my mouth. Gross I know. But my dentist say I'm not supposed to spit it out for 6-8 hours after my operation.

Had local anesthesia, it wasn't that painful and lasted me for a good 6 hours. I'm beginning to feel the pain now... especially after J called me, maybe I 'exercised' the jaws too much whilst talking to him. haha.

Anyway, it was a very rushed decision to do this. I've been lazy to call the National Dental... and I chanced upon Smile Division at CCK one day. Did a filling and decided to go ahead with my surgery there (since it was Medisave claimable too!) Cost my mum $900! :/ (xray, 1 surgery, 1 extraction and medicine inclusive). I didn't feel any pain at all during the process, I think the dentist is pretty good at it. She had to slice my gum, break the teeth, pull it out and sew it back yucks. The thought of it again makes me shivers.

So far so good. The pain is still bearable, just that I get a lil' slower when it comes to eating and drinking. The porridge mum cooked was so so so delicious that I feel so upset I can't eat properly because moving the jaws up and down really hurts.. It took me 35 minutes!

Just hope the pain will remain and subside for the next 2-3 days. Somehow biting on the gauze is less painful than without it, maybe I should get more since I'm running out of it. Been losing blood since 12pm!!!!

my disgusting teeth
amount of medicine I have to consume
Guess it would be rest days for the next few days before Xmas gathering with my friends!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment